MITRE-ATARC DevOps White PaperMarch 1, 2018
The MITRE-ATARC DevOps Collaboration Symposium was held on March 1, 2018 in Washington, D.C. in conjunction with the ATARC Federal DevOps Summit. A White Paper was published summarizing the outcomes of each sessions.
DevOps topic areas:
- DevOps Implementation with Cloud
- Integration of Security into the DevOps Culture
- DevOps in Health IT
- DevOps and Test
- DevOps Culture
Key recommendations to Government:
- Start small – move one application into a DevOps environment to learn and demonstrate success and build on these early successes to build confidence and gain upper management support;
- Embrace risk – learn from mistakes and make incremental improvements;
- Break down silos among traditionally stove-piped organizations – pull individuals from different organizations to build cross-functional teams;
- Provide training on Agile and DevOps philosophies and methodologies to all practitioners, not just to those in specific roles; and
- Encourage cultural change with active leadership engagement, communities of practice, and continuing to make changes to grow and sustain the DevOps culture.