MITRE-ATARC White Paper
MITRE-ATARC Big Data Collaboration Symposium, June 30, 2016
Big Data Challenge Areas
• Intersection of Big Data and IoT
• Driving Innovation with Big Data
• Progress toward Prescriptive Analytics
• Data Privacy: Challenges and Solutions
• Using Big Data and Analytics in Healthcare
Key Recommendations to Government
• Agencies need to have big data architectures, development sandboxes, and storage strategies in place.
• Big Data standards are necessary for inter-agency communication and to establish trust and confidence in data science.
• Federal agencies are trusted with sensitive data, including health data, and individual identities need to be protected and information should be securely encrypted.