ATARC Mobile Working Group
The ATARC Mobile Working Group is a technical working group of government, academia and private industry thought leaders collaborating on topics of interest to the Federal mobility community. The group’s goal is to provide the Federal Government with recommendations for methods to increase efficiency and reduce cost using cutting-edge mobile solutions.
For government inquiries, please contact Tim Harvey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For industry inquiries, please contact Jordan Purvis at email@example.com.
Key Objectives of ATARC Mobile Working Group:
- Form dedicated Project Teams that work together with government participants and focus on specific Mobile topic areas
- Identify mobile technology and associated contract vehicles that government can utilize to procure mobile products, services and solutions
- Define mobile sub-components as defined in Mobile Services Category Team’s Mobile Services Roadmap
Key Activities of ATARC Mobile Working Group:
- Bi-weekly status call with members of your project team
- Ability to attend meetings for all other project teams
- Organize government and industry events hosted by your project team
- Quarterly in-person meetings at government location
- Project deliverables to support Mobile Services Category Team
- Weekly leadership call to discuss project activities & progress
Next Generation Federal Mobile Strategy
In the Fall of 2016, following the release of OMB Category Management Policy 16-2: Improving the Acquisition and Management of Common Information Technology: Mobile Devices and Services, the Advanced Technology Academic Research Center held several collaborative meetings with mobile subject matter experts from government, academia and industry to examine the technical components of the memo and discuss its implications.
Outcome: Using feedback from the group, ATARC proposed a Next Generation Federal Mobile Strategy, which will require an overall vision of mobile in the Federal government, as well as a definition of the mobile ecosystem and its key topic areas.
The Advanced Technology Academic Research Center (ATARC) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides a collaborative forum for government, academia and industry to resolve emerging technology challenges. ATARC also introduces innovative technology from academic research labs to the Federal government and private industry.