MITRE-ATARC White Paper
MITRE-ATARC Big Data Collaboration Symposium, December 8, 2015
Four Big Data topic areas
• Data Governance
• Data Integration and Management
• Architecting Systems for Big Data
• Data Science and Scientists
Key Recommendations to Government
• Standardized metadata for big data provenance is necessary in order to easily provide information to interested users.
• Integrating historical data could lead to possible misuse due to the incomplete understanding of the legacy of that data.
• Big data architecture for operational systems in the federal domain must be responsive to business goals and mission objectives above all else.
• Senior leadership must understand that a “data scientist” may not be simply an individual position, but an interdisciplinary combination or team of personnel.